Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Getting Back To The Old Me

Growing up, I was as skinny as a rail as they say. I was never overweight until my early 20's. Not too overweight, but I needed to lose about 20 pounds. I took a weight loss class with a dear friend of mine, and together we managed to lose weight, only to eventually gain it back, plus some. I won't say how much, but I had never had this serious of a weight issue before. After having two sons, the weight never managed to come back off. Never mind you, I think that back then my eating habits were unlike they have been for the last two years.

The weight crept and crept up to an alarming number. When I needed surgery, I was told that my blood pressure was extremely high. In fact, at one point it my blood pressure was over 200. Yikes! The surgery was postponed until I good get a grip on lowering the blood pressure. Since then, I have been on amlodopine. Not one to want to take drugs of any kind, I needed I had no other choice then to take this medicine.

Prior to the surgery, we began eating healthier. Only eating organic vegetables, no red meat, and little chicken. The weight started coming off. In fact, I had lost 50 lbs. within a matter of months, but then it just hit a wall. Although I was eating healthy, the weight just wouldn't budge, even with long walks. Mind you, this weight just wouldn't go anywhere for over a year. Can you believe that? I certainly couldn't.

So....for the last month and a half, I have been working out at the gym. They say that it is easier to put weight on than to lose it. They aren't kidding. But....when I was in that weight class back when I was in my mid 20's, the instructor told us that we can lose inches without losing any weight. This is so true. The scale is still not budging like I want it to, but the weight is slowly coming off and so are the inches. There are days that I would rather not go into the gym. In fact, my body just didn't want to exercise today. The bed seemed like it was calling me to stay a little longer, but if I didn't drag myself to the gym, then I feel that I wouldn't be helping myself. Besides, if you see the picture of the little baby, that little baby is all grown up. I have to exercise and lose weight for myself, not anyone else...but for myself....for my health. It will be a long and hard road, but I am in this for the long haul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment