Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Thunder-thigh thinning Veggie Soup My Version

I saw this the Tunder-thigh thinning veggie soup recipe on our local KTLA morning news recently. Since I wanted a new soup recipe with cauliflower in it, I chose to make it. As with any recipe, I usually ad my own touches. Since I don't care for cauliflower florettes, I used our food processor to chop up the broccoli and cauliflower. Since, I already had some chopped up the broccoli stalks and carrots, I decided to use it in the soup. The recipe calls for broccoli florettes, but like the cauliflower, I preferred the broccoli chopped up. I do however, prefer the larger pieces of carrots vs. using chopped up carrots. I added barley to the soup recipe because it helps to make soups tasty and more filling.

I used our instant pot, which is an electric pressure cooker to cook the soup. I like that I can just add the ingredients, put the lid on, plug the cooker in, and push the soup button. The cooker will beep when the soup is done. The soup stays nice and hot for a long time. My husband requested that I make more of the soup, so I did that this morning.

This is what my finished soup looks like.


No comments:

Post a Comment